1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Watchdog Lite

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cashmere_cat, Feb 27, 2011.

1. cashmere_cat

cashmere_cat Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Western Canada
    I have started using Watchdog Lite, to monitor whats happening with the phone, and suddenly it is giving me the alert:
    "Android Core Apps detected above threshold"
    and then shows android core apps - foreground using anywhere from 72%-87% CPU.
    I'm not quite sure how to interpret this, since I was of the understanding that the android system self monitored itself, and would direct its resources where required...
    I was using GoLauncher EX, which I just updated yesterday, so figured perhaps that was the culprit, and set my launcher back to stock. But that doesn't appear to have fixed the problem -- assuming this is a problem?
    Any thoughts, Android Gurus? :)

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    This is a problem? I don't see why it would be a problem if system apps (or any app) peaks above 70-80% CPU occasionally. Now, if it is constantly at that rate there may be a problem. When I'm doing something, though, I want to take full advantage of the CPU available.

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Android Expert
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Sounds like you have a warning enabled in the app settings that tells you when something uses the CPU above a certain threshold. An app using the CPU at 100% for short periods isn't uncommon and won't be a problem.

Watchdog is useful when 'rogue' apps use the system resources excessively and repeatedly over long periods. It helps identify which apps they are so you can deal with it.

Tags: