• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watching avi. Movies on Android?

Jinsta

Sep 12, 2010
Hey guys,

Well, I'm about to get my first Android phone but being able to watch avi. movies or convert them while watching them is a deal breaker for me.

On the iPod touch/iPhone there is an app called Air Video that allows you to watch movies stored on your computer through the wireless network. You can either convert them or watch them live while they are being convert. The quality of the videos are very good.

I don't like converting avi. to mp4 on my computer because it takes a long time and it also reduces the quality of the movie and makes the movie very blurry on my phone/ipod touch.

So anyways, I was wondering if there was an app that is similar to Air Video and another plus would be being able to do all this over the 3G network instead of on wifi. The reason why I ask this is because the wifi network in our house is shoddy and the 3G network seems to be so much faster compared to our wifi.

Thanks!~

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones