1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Watching Flash/HTML5 Videos On Galaxy Nexus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevin95, Aug 11, 2012.

1. kevin95

kevin95 Well-Known Member

I just switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy Nexus and I was wondering if I can watch Flash/HTML5 videos like on iPhone. When I go on a link with a video, it just shows up a blank screen. I have Flash installed but it doesn't seem to work. Sometimes when I click on the blank screen where the video is supposed to be, it downloads the video but I want to watch it directly from the site, not download it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Which browser are you using? Are you on 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or ICS?

3. kevin95

ICS 4.0.2 . So far, I used the default browser, Skyfire, Chrome & Dolphin. None of them could play Flash/HTML5 content.

4. Demache

Demache Android Expert

The default browser should see Flash content in ICS. All of them should recognize HTML5.

If possible and the video isn't private, could you share a link to a site that doesn't work?

5. kevin95

I'm pretty sure they're not on private. I tried them on my iPhone and they work. I can only play youtube videos on my galaxy nexus right now.

6. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Makes me wonder if the iPhone is just downloading a stream of the video, since it can't save video, it does the only thing it can. Since the Nexus can save the video and the video might not be flagged as stream-able, it assumes its just any old file and downloads it. It might have nothing to do with flash or HTML5.

Just a guess though since I don't know what the site is.

7. JevyJav

JevyJav Well-Known Member

Correct me if im wrong but i dont believe the iphone has EVER had flash capabilities it plays html format but not flash. Android also plays html format however if you are trying to view flash content its best that you stick with the default browser and make sure you have the "plugins" option set to enable.

The reason that i suggest that you stick to the default browser is because at least one of the browsers that you mentioned above (chrome) is incapable of playing flash content. If you are still unable to view the video set your browser to desktop mode or manually enter the "www" desktop web address for the web site.

There is no reason that i can think of as to why your video wont play???

8. JevyJav

JevyJav Well-Known Member

Actually did you download "Adobe Air" or "Adobe Flash"? that could be the root of your problem. By the way if you do have adobe flash make sure not to delete it because Adobe has taken it out of the play store for jellybean devices. They actually plan on taking it off the store period and honestly im not sure if they already have or not which is why i'm asking if you have air or flash.

9. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

10. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Dolphin has an iPhone user agent, you could see if that allows you to play the video.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews