• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

watching tv online

john2

Lurker
Mar 4, 2011
Good Morning Android Veterans.I just switched to Android almost only for adobe flash so i could watch tv online via any site (mostly Fancast.com)that told me i needed it when i tried with my iphone. Now with my inspire 4G it does play some of the shows but others never load and it stays in the "starting playback" mode so it looks like its gonna play but never does. HELP? thanks in advance for any assistance

Just tried it on my phone, doesnt work either. Tried it on my pc, and can see that it uses the Hulu player, which wont work on stock Android. It is still flash, but it uses its own playback method, kind of like Microsoft Silverlight, which cant be installed on android.

However, if you root your phone and install a custom rom, you can find a Hulu Player hack and flash that over your stock Flash player to allow you to view this and Hulu.

Upvote 0
Why is it that every time someone asks about tv or movies on their droid someoone has to chime in with "How can you watch movies on such a small screen?" Having the ability to watch a movie or tv show on my "small" tb screen at work is amazing! I dont care how small the screen is as long as I can do something that keeps my mind busy while I am at work!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones