1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Water damage! help!!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Android Question

Hi,
    I had a tmobile mytouch q (made by huawei) and I accidentally knocked over a glass of water into my apron at work. I took everything out and dried it off, even stuck it under the heat lamps (since i work in a restaurant). When i got home, i put my phone in a large bowl of rice. Nothing seemed to work until I charged my phone. However, when i charged my phone, everything else worked except for the screen, The screen stayed black while the green indicator light still blinked, the phone still vibrated, the buttons still lit up and my alarm still rang. I would love to have the pictures off of my phone and transferred onto my computer. I have tried to access my pictures from my phone through the usb, but i'm not exactly sure what i'm doing. If anyone knows what to do or how to access my photos, please please help!!

-desperate

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Sorry to hear about your water accident. You might try drying it for a couple of days in rice... sometime people get lucky. To retrieve your files you will need to connect your phone to your PC via the usb cable while the phone is in non charge mode. The phone should show up as a removable drive. Access the drive via your PC file browser.. mark files to move or copy.. drop them into a folder on your PC. Best of luck.

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

If you work near water, keep the phone in a zipped-shut zip-lock bag. It may look funny, but look at what you have to go through now to not look funny. To be sure, put that bag into a second one - upside down - and zip it shut too. (You can use the phone while it's still in the bags.)