• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Water damage indicator problem

So, I've been having random problems with my phone for a few months now. Nothing debilitating, but enough to cause a hassle. I took it into sprint to see if I could get a refurb or something, and when the tech opened it up, she noticed the water damage indicator was red. Now, not only do I know for sure the phone has never faced water damage, but the sticker on the battery is still in tact. I am one of many who suffer from dust under the cover, so I know that if dust can leak in, moisture would seep in even easier. I looked on ebay to find stickers that I could just replace, but couldn't find anything with the same design/size. Regardless, the Sprint store said there was nothing they could do. Is it worth calling their CS? In all actuality, I'd love it if Sprint would just allow me to upgrade to the Evo with their discount, but i'm sure that's not likely. Anyhow, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The battery indicator wasn't set off, so I wouldn't need to replace it. I just feel like I shouldn't have to pay anything, as I don't see that I'm at fault. As for what the problems are... They're kinda weird:
My volume up button doesn't work properly. When I press it, the volume starts to raise, but then goes back down to the current level. When you hold it in, it mutes the sound entirely.
My back button acts more as a home button than anything else (doesn't back out of programs and/or settings properly, it just takes you to the home screen). Also, when locked, pressing the back button or the search button twice unlocks the phone (which you can imagine is a PITA when you keep your phone in your pocket).
Aside from that, the phone just seems laggier than it should be.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, which sticker is red, bc on my phone (which was replaced yesterday by sprint) there are 2 stickers on the back inside of the phone. The one on the far bottom left is white with red cross hatches through it, and then one directly forward and right of that sticker is a plain white one. I assume only the plain white one is the water indicator, bc my phone came with the one on the bottom left being white wiht red crosshatches

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones