• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Water damage s2

About 3 months ago my little dribbled in my phone and it stopped working. I dried it off and it seemed to be fine apart from the power button. I took it to be repaired and thy replaced the power button which they said had corroded. When i turn it back on it says no service and that a sim card isn't inserted. The sim card works as i am using it in a different phone. The repair place says it can't be mended. Wifi works etc. Can this be repaired or would i be best selling it for parts?

If you can afford it, I recommend getting a new phone. As, you may well find yourself paying $20 here and $30 there, then $20 there and by the time you add it up, you will have paid the same amount as a new phone.

If you want to keep the phone, perhaps you can see if the repair place can open it up and give it a thorough cleaning. Sounds like it needs it and you don't have much to lose since it won't recognize the SIM anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones