• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Water Damage Sticker

Mine has the sticker right in the little square depression above the USB port.

How long have you had the phone? Maybe if it hasn't been too long you can take it in to your VZW store and talk to them about it.

MoistureSticker.gif

Reactions: natsu
Upvote 0
Nah, go back and sound all innocent and stuff. There's another sticker at the base of the battery, for a backup, just in case people like you come in saying the sticker's gone, and the one on the battery is all darkened up (wet), they know you were trying to commit fraud.

They'll probably replace your phone if you complain but be nice and innocent.

It's a legitimate problem. You're not coming there to redeem your warranty, you're going there because you don't want to run into the problem in the future.

It's customer service. They'll take care of you. Just try.

Reactions: natsu
Upvote 0
Mine has the sticker right in the little square depression above the USB port.

How long have you had the phone? Maybe if it hasn't been too long you can take it in to your VZW store and talk to them about it.

MoistureSticker.gif

Very dumb question - my sticker looks just like that one w/ the checkered pattern (same on the battery). I thought I was out of warranty had gotten it wet when I put on my shield. Is the checkered pattern how it is supposed to look pre wet or post wet?

Upvote 0
This is not a good idea and would be considered tampering with your phone, BUT

You could take a small piece of BACKWARD tape (in other words, NON-sticky facing down, STICKY facing UP), about the same size as the moisture sticker itself (but covering at least the whole thing, then a piece of FORWARD tape over it that covers the whole thing.

Now the adhesive is not touching the moisture sticker.

Now what?

lol

The Verizon lady told me that sometimes the heat and % moisture coming off of your body, in your pocket, can make the warranty sticker turn darker. There's nothing you can really do about that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones