• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Water damage support.

Yesterday I was doing yard work and I had my phone on my waist while listening to music. I go back inside, pull my phone out, see it has sweat on it, and don't think anything of it because that has happened to previous devices before. I'm sitting around, on my phone, and the screen turns green. I look up what's going on, and get results about water damage. So I power it off and leave it to dry in rice. At first, it was flashing off and on on its own, but it eventually stopped turning off and on, and now is just completely dead. When I try to charge it, I do not see the orange light as I usually would. It is completely comatose and I'm unsure why or what to do about it ?

Upvote 0
I dropped my droid ultra in some water so i put it in rice, the only problem i appear to be having is those three buttons on the bottom ( the system buttons i think they're called) are acting home. for example as soon as i unlock my phone the home button will click itself nonstop until i lock it or turn it off. Any solutions or tips?

Upvote 0
The phone was dropped on water and that's where it all started.
After doing the rice trick to get as much humidity out as possible, the phone turned on but went into a loop of turning on and off immediately. A couple of days after it could stay longer time turned on but always on the HTC warm up screen and after a minute it turned off (just on the white screen).
It is possible to access the boot loader using the hardware buttons, so they work, the LCD and the battery are working (obviously) and the charging port works as well. The weird thing is that after selecting any option of the bootloader it either turns off or freezes.
I already opened it and dipped it in isopropyl alcohol to remove any rust the water and rice could have left, but it is on the same state as mentioned above.
Any ideas or previous experience tips?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi all, I have the same issue as the OP suziejp (cause being exactly the same as all the others on here, water damage, in my case it was a dunk down the toilet!).

Anyway, the device charges, turns on and off, vibrates and receives all sorts of updates, I can intermittently connect it up to HTC Sync Manager enough to sync the phone, back it up to the computer, remove pictures/videos etc. As I said though, I have exactly the same issue as suziejp reported on her last post, my screen wont come on. It works fine at the start of booting, flickers somewhat during the OS loading, then becomes difficult to get it to work. I have had occasion where the screen works, usually dimmer or flickering, and it seems sensitive to movement.

I've installed Mobizen remotely through Google Play Store on my laptop, in the hope that I can mirror my phone through USB, but I cant get the screen to work long enough or reliably enough to fire up the app. Anybody here have any ideas how I can basically get my phone display mirrored on my laptop? My phone isn't rooted, although willing to root it if this can be done remotely with as little risk as possible (bearing in mind the phone isn't healthy as it is).

Thanks for any help offered,
Andrew.

Upvote 0
I should also add that I'm willing to try most things, including opening up the unit if that will help dry it out or identify the problem etc... theres no warranty etc anymore especially with water damage, and unfortunately there is no insurance either as I had it through a premium bank account but switched banks recently and hadn't gotten around to arranging new cover. :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones