1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Water Damage to Touch Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lovemydroid23, Aug 11, 2011.

1. lovemydroid23

lovemydroid23 Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    My Droid Charge was covered in water for over an hour in my purse. I took it apart and stuck it in a bowl of rice for most of the day and then put it on top of my cable box for a few hours. I continued to let it dry overnight in front of a fan. Just now, I put in a new battery and the phone turns on. However, the touchscreen is not responsive. It's been 30 hours since I started drying the phone.

Is there any hope of getting my touchscreen to work again? What do I do now?

Thanks for any advice! And yes, I learned my lesson. My son's sippy cup will NEVER be in my bag again.

Advertisement

2. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Hate to say it but your phone is probably fried. If your still on the 14 day you should be able to get it replaced or if you have insurance. Other than that though i think you may be SOL.

Most people hear Super AMOLED and know that the screen is high quality, top notch video and that's about it. However super amoled is more than that.

Basically the main technology that super amoled has on top of a normal QHD screen is not only the superior display but also the fact that it has a layer which detects touch integrated into the screen rather than being overlaid on top.

So i hate to say it but if your touch screen is not responding then chances are the sippy cup damaged the touch sensitive layer that is built into the screen itself. :(

3. gotfondue

gotfondue Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    First things first white rice was your first good move and your second move was bad. Next time anything with touch screen gets wet, go white rice then put it in the fridge with no bat.

4. lane32x

lane32x Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Why the refrigerator? Make-shift Dehumidifier?

5. gotfondue

gotfondue Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    Yup exactly pretty much everyone has got one and it works great. Had a Black Berry Storm (First one, worst phone I have ever purchased) underwater for at least 6 hours while hiking. Put it in some white rice then in the fridge put the bat back in and it worked perfectly fine, even got them to exchange it for me.