1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Water damage

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Anitakan3, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Anitakan3

Anitakan3 Lurker

Approximately one week ago. My grandson dropped my HTC DESIRE in to the bathtub. According to him phone was not completely submerged. I immediately put phone in to bag of rice.Today when I pulled it out phone booted up. Unable to use touch screen menu. All of the sudden phone rang with an incoming call , unable to answer. Could only turn off/ power down by manually removing battery.
    Returned phone back inside bag of rice. Wondering if there's a reset button ? If my phone is a total loss ? HELP ! Any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.
    THANKS,
    Anitakan3

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Hadron, Jan 21, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Sounds like the touchscreen isn't working. You might be able to recover it with an alcohol bath, as described here: http://androidforums.com/threads/so...et-what-can-you-do-to-try-and-save-it.815124/. Or it might be too late: dirty water (soap counts as "dirt" for this purpose) is worse than clean water, and any time the phone spent with the battery in it was doing damage. It's impossible to know without trying.

ThePhizzle likes this.
  4. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Yes he's right alcohol bath has brought a lot of device's back to life that where fully submerged and when turned on the screens where blank not a guaranty it will work but it's your best chance of successfully getting your screen to sense touch again.pray and cross your fingers!good luck.

#3 ThePhizzle, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016