1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Water damaged phone truth

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by myjackson, Sep 22, 2011.

1. myjackson

myjackson Newbie

I'm sorry I posted in the wrong area.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF anyway! :)

3. myjackson

myjackson Newbie

Thank you! I'm not good at this forum stuff. I usually don't have time for them, but this one has proved usedful. I was always the person that knew how to use any phone and most electronics.... until now :) I understand my phone mostly if stock. I actually just bought one from someone to replace mine that got water damage and it was rooted, which I barely know what that is. So posted in here to make sure I wasn't going to mess anything up. haha. I'm still probably going to go back to a stock one from someone else and sell this one.. just in case. :) I'm 25 and my phone makes me feel like one of those 90 year olds that doesn't know how to type on a computer (although my great grandma is on facebook :) ) Maybe this will help me get with the times.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

If your great grandmother is on facebook, she's doing pretty well! :)

I was in a similar position to yourself, I am the "go to guy" for any tech related queries my friends or family have (I've even been asked about kettles??) and I was slightly daunted when I got my first Android, but once you've played around for a bit, you realise how intuitive it is and that it's not actually that difficult, just different.

Rather than sell the rooted handset, have a read about here, discover the advantages of root and see if you still want to revert back to stock. I believe rooting is worth it for the fact that I'm able to backup my handset entirely (game saves, app config etc) so if I need to get it replaced, I won't lose anything.

Anyway, glad you've found us useful so far, if you've got any questions, feel free to ask. :)