1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Water Depth Finder

Discussion in 'Application Requests' started by TokedUp, May 31, 2010.

1. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Would be great for fisherman. I had Google Maps working and was able to map the river I was fishing on this weekend. A depth finder would be sweet or maybe just a chart.

Advertisement

2. LordQuackstar

LordQuackstar Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Freelancer
    Kentucky, USA
    Google Maps doesn't do 3D elevations I don't think. Unless there is an online service that does this already, you can't do it with just your Phone

3. Ranger374V

Ranger374V Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I'm assuming you have no knowledge of how a fish finder works... Without something to create the sonar "ping" you could not make a depth finder for any phone. The Lowrance and Navico maps are decent, and I think they do make some for some of the smart phones out there. They are loosely based off State Fishery maps...

4. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    I'm assuming you have no knowledge of how this forum works. Congrats! your first post and you already look like a troll. Your answer did nothing to help. I wasnt asking for Sonar. I already have a Hummingbird on my ocean boat. And those charts either cost money or suck.

5. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Nuclear Power
    Michigan
    I believe Google Earth added water depth information to their maps. Maybe that could be enabled as a layer in Google Maps or Google Earth for Android. I really doubt every inland lake and river would be mapped. It would be really cool though.

6. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Lansing, MI
    I sounds like what you want is an app to make your own depth charts/maps?