1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

water

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by mandy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mandy

mandy Guest
    None
    I dropped my Samsung galaxy s4 into the toilet last night, tried the whole uncooked rice thing still nothing is it even worth a try buying a battery to see if I can get it to work are do I just pay my 150.00 insurance for a new phone?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Assuming you have insurance that covers water damage, pay the deductible. It'll cost more than that to fix the phone.

Putting a wet phone in rice is useless - you have to get the water, minerals and dirt out of the inside first. Rice will dry the last vestiges of moisture out of the phone, it won't pull water out, and it certainly won't remove minerals and dirt (which cause shorts).

scary alien likes this.
  3. thebrightpink

thebrightpink Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    I dropped my HTC One in the toilet, and it's not working at all. Does anyone know how to make it work again?

It was in the toilet for a second or two. I then took it out immediately and turned it off, wiped off any excess water, and left it in a bowl of rice, rotating it every few hours, for 48 hours. I have tried to turn it on this morning, but have had no luck. The screen is just blank, and the phone does not react when I put the charger in. The led green light doesn't come on to say it's charging, and neither a laptop of computer are recognising it when I plug it in. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it, or is it just completely dead? It's a new phone on contract, and I really can't afford to get a new phone. Or does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to repair it?

Any advice or tips would be really appreciated!