1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Waterproof Mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 5001craig, Jul 6, 2012.

1. 5001craig

5001craig Active Member

Jan 15, 2012
    I couldn't find a thread specific to waterproof mounts for the S3 so I'm posting-up a new thread.

I am on a boat quite a bit and I am switching phones to the S3. With that in mind, I want to get away from my 160gb ipod and have music on the S3 as well as keep it in a waterproof case. I was looking at this mount from Ram Mounts (which I have used in the past and have always been pleased with) and was wondering if anyone thought it would fit the S3. I will more than likely go with a OB Commuter case and that will probably need to come off each time I want to put the phone in the waterproof case (which I really don't want to do). Not a bad trade-off, though.

Now I'm really excited as one of the local AT&T stores just called while typing this and they have six PB's and five white phones in stock!

Guess I need to do some more homework on how to get the itunes music onto the S3. And also (more importantly) a podcast that I download daily...

Advertisement

2. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Secret
    US
    On my jet ski I used to keep my iPhone in a ziplock bag that had the double zips. I could talk though it fine and use the touch screen. On my ATV I used the Ram Mount and a ziplock. It worked great. Never once did I get water in the bags.