• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wav files after 2.2 upgrade

wooley

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
Since the 2.2 upgrade i can not play wav files sent as attachments from my Vonage phone number. I have had no problems until this upgrade using the stock media player.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Does anyone think it will be corrected?
I understand there is a market program call "remote wave" and this will play wav files.
Is anyone using this since the 2.2 upgrade?
It cost $3 so before i buy just wanted to make sure it works.
Thanks for any feedback.

Upvote 0
Since the 2.2 upgrade i can not play wav files sent as attachments from my Vonage phone number. I have had no problems until this upgrade using the stock media player.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Does anyone think it will be corrected?
I understand there is a market program call "remote wave" and this will play wav files.
Is anyone using this since the 2.2 upgrade?
It cost $3 so before i buy just wanted to make sure it works.
Thanks for any feedback.

Spoke to a tech support rep that said it should be fixed soon and they were expecting a maintenance update in the coming weeks.

Upvote 0
Spoke to a tech support rep that said it should be fixed soon and they were expecting a maintenance update in the coming weeks.
That would be great. I hope my "unofficial 2.2" will receive this:) My wife has the "official 2.2" so i guess i can check it that way. This could take awhile for them to fix. I just downloaded the remote wave file and it does work. So for $3 it is a temp fix if anyone needs it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones