• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captain Sexy

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
My work voicemail gets forwarded to me via email but it comes in WAV format. For some reason when I click on it, the phone says it does not support this file format. Does anybody know how to make this play or if there is an app I can download that will play it? I've tried about 6 different ones.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tried both and neither work :thinking:

They do not work, because you try to open the file from GMail app and it does not know you have a special app for .wav files and only looks for a system app to open the files.

What you need is an app to save the files from GMail onto your phone and then you can use any .wav app to open them.

Upvote 0
That's odd since I tried opening the file from the apps shown above and a few others, and don't use the gmail app.

They do not work, because you try to open the file from GMail app and it does not know you have a special app for .wav files and only looks for a system app to open the files.

What you need is an app to save the files from GMail onto your phone and then you can use any .wav app to open them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones