1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wav files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Captain Sexy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Android Enthusiast

My work voicemail gets forwarded to me via email but it comes in WAV format. For some reason when I click on it, the phone says it does not support this file format. Does anybody know how to make this play or if there is an app I can download that will play it? I've tried about 6 different ones.

Thanks for your help in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Geek Monkey

Geek Monkey Lurker

3. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

I use Wave Player. Cost is .99. This app has worked flawlessly for me.

4. Captain Sexy

Tried both and neither work :thinking:

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

They do not work, because you try to open the file from GMail app and it does not know you have a special app for .wav files and only looks for a system app to open the files.

What you need is an app to save the files from GMail onto your phone and then you can use any .wav app to open them.

6. Captain Sexy

That's odd since I tried opening the file from the apps shown above and a few others, and don't use the gmail app.

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

If apps that are supposed to open those files do not work, maybe your files are at fault?

8. Captain Sexy

Maybe, but not sure why that would be. Just normal WAv files and they work on the computer. They also played on the htc evo I had previous

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews