1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Way favourites are displayed in contact manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigstu12, Dec 17, 2014.

1. bigstu12

bigstu12 Lurker
    None

Dec 17, 2014
    Hi,

It's a bit silly I know, but I was wondering on my Note 4 is there any way to change the way the favourites are displayed (currently in a grid) to look the same as the general contacts (as a list)? I'm using the stock contacts manager and don't really want to install another one.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. jimweda

jimweda Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I'm with you on this one. I don't know why there doesn't seem to be an option on the Note 4 like it did from my previous S4 phone. I really don't like the grid view since I don't attach pictures to any of my contacts so distinguishing one contact from another in grid view is horrible. I too prefer the list view as in the regular contacts. I hope someone can find a solution or an obvious menu item we're missing.

Thx.

3. jimweda

None

Aug 16, 2011
    You know what's strange? If you hold your finger on the 3 dots where a menu drops down it pops up "more options". Only problem is that it won't let me actually select it. When I try to click it, it just disappears. Maybe its hidden in there but there's some kind of bug.

4. jimweda

None

Aug 16, 2011
    One more strange thing. When you go to "Contacts", below where you have the 4 boxes, "Keypad, Recent, Favorites and Contacts" if you click on the 2 white shilouettes which I think is the "Groups" button and under "Integrated Groups", click on "Favorites" or "Starred in Android" you get the list view which is how I want it displayed but don't want to go through all those clicks to get it that way. Still can't seem to find a sort by list view anywhere.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.