1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support way to keep music playing in browser with screen off.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by holmgren, Feb 20, 2011.

1. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

I am trying to figure out a way to keep music playing while I am using the SiriusXM website. If the screen shuts off, the music stops. I am aware there is a SiriusXM app, but when using my bluetooth Motorokr s305's, the volume is way too low and the website allows for a second volume control built into the website plus the phone volume.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Are you flexible about the screen being off? For example, you could change the settings for it to stay on for a much longer period of time. If a charger is available, that would offset the power drain.

3. holmgren

Yea, I could do that, which I have done in the past, but the charger I have does not seem to charge as fast as it drains. I mean, I could get by doing that, but I would rather have the screen off if it was possible. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Have you tried other browsers?

5. holmgren

Yea. Downloaded Dolphin HD and tried and went through the settings, but couldn't find anything. I am trying to think of what other ones there are. I remember a Steel browser, but I couldnt find it in the market.

EDIT: Just tried Skyfire. Didn't work

EDIT2: Tried Miren Browser..never even heard of it til I searched the market for "browser" and so far it has worked for 3-4 minutes with the screen off :D. I guess I will find out at work tomorrow if it will go all day.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Any luck with Miren?

7. holmgren

Meh...sort of I guess. I got it to work for about a half hour and after that it cuts out. Though it is a better alternative to the other browsers, I think I will stick to the app and not have to worry about it. I think i may just have to pony up and buy the in ear hd9 motorokrs.