1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Way to prevent accidental "end call"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xraychick01, Nov 15, 2010.

1. xraychick01

xraychick01 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I'm baaaaack. Sorry for so many posts but I have another question that I can't figure out. I got a call and while I was talking my cheek hit the "end call" button. I'm thinking this might start being an issue. I have my screen set to time out after 15 sec but that was apparently still enough time for my cheek to end the call lol. Is there a setting somewhere on the phone where I can change it to when I get a call the screen goes blank faster?

Advertisement

2. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    ...how far away do you hold the phone from your head? It should kill the screen when you are in a call and holding it to your face... There are sensors on the front of the phone for that.

3. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Are you holding the phone in your right or left hand? The proximity sensor works best when you hold the phone in your right hand.

4. xraychick01

Nov 8, 2010
    Interesting. I hold the phone up against my ear and cheek and with my right hand.
    I will pay attention next time I get/make a call.

5. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I almost always hold the phone in my left hand while talking. I've never had a problem or noticed anything funny. :thinking:

6. CGG318

CGG318 Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    x2.

Xraychick01, do you have a cover/case on your phone? Some will block the proximity sensor, causing it to behave strangely. I had to make a cut out on my current skin to prevent it from blocking the sensor.

7. xraychick01

Nov 8, 2010
    No, I don't have a cover on it...yet. I did order one though. I tested it out last night and it worked. I will have to check out my new cover to make sure it won't block the sensor. Thanks!

Tags: