• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Way to prevent accidental "end call"

xraychick01

Nov 8, 2010
I'm baaaaack. Sorry for so many posts but I have another question that I can't figure out. I got a call and while I was talking my cheek hit the "end call" button. I'm thinking this might start being an issue. I have my screen set to time out after 15 sec but that was apparently still enough time for my cheek to end the call lol. Is there a setting somewhere on the phone where I can change it to when I get a call the screen goes blank faster?

I'm baaaaack. Sorry for so many posts but I have another question that I can't figure out. I got a call and while I was talking my cheek hit the "end call" button. I'm thinking this might start being an issue. I have my screen set to time out after 15 sec but that was apparently still enough time for my cheek to end the call lol. Is there a setting somewhere on the phone where I can change it to when I get a call the screen goes blank faster?

Are you holding the phone in your right or left hand? The proximity sensor works best when you hold the phone in your right hand.

Upvote 0
x2.

Xraychick01, do you have a cover/case on your phone? Some will block the proximity sensor, causing it to behave strangely. I had to make a cut out on my current skin to prevent it from blocking the sensor.
No, I don't have a cover on it...yet. I did order one though. I tested it out last night and it worked. I will have to check out my new cover to make sure it won't block the sensor. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones