1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Way to shut of auto app reinstall on 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rjsmith608, Aug 20, 2010.

1. rjsmith608

rjsmith608 Member

Jun 12, 2010
    La Crosse, Wisconsin
    I just got my Froyo update and love all the features accept one. That is the auto reinstall of apps when you do a factory restore. I wanted to have a clean experience with 2.2 and not install all apps in one shot. Is there away to override this so when I do a Factory restore it is just a fresh install of 2.2?

Advertisement

2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    When your phone boots for the first time after a restore/wipe, you need to skip the Google account sign-in. You can do this by tapping the 4 corners of the screen, clockwise starting at the top left. You'll be at your home screen. Go to Settings > Accounts & sync and then turn off 'auto-sync'. Now go to the market, sign into Google and download whatever apps you want.

I'm not sure what will happen when you turn auto-sync back on, however, you may end up with whatever apps you skipped.

3. stainless

stainless Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Engineer
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Every time I have ever wiped mine If it queues them up at all (which sometimes it does not) once I install a couple and exit the market, it dumps the rest.