• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Way to turn phone &/or light on when receiving a message?

geoffsweb

Nov 16, 2009
My old phone would turn on, or come out of sleep mode when I received a text message, or any type of alert. Is there a way to make the Droid do that? I leave the phone sitting on my desk and I miss messages all the time because the phone doesn't kick on and I have the volume turned all the way down or off. But if the phone would light up, I would notice that.

Thanks.

I am going to give it a try, I really like being able to turn off and on all my notifications and ringer with the Ring Toggle App, I would hate for Ring Toggle to only start working for the Notifications or the ringer and leave one on sound while one is vibrate still.

I have a feeling it will toggle all ringers and notifies at the same time though...at least I hope....

Does Handcent bring the Droid out of sleep mode when a message is received?

Edit: Actually, I mean will Handcent unlock the Droid when a message is received (I did not mean out of sleep, as it would have to wake up to display the message)

Upvote 0
Yes, it will give you a popup of the message and let you quick reply without entering the actual messaging app. I am not positive if it works when an unlock pattern is set, but works just fine without one. Really is one of the best apps I have found on the market, and if you have questions, the developer is really quick to respond (usually online late at night).

Update: And if you download it and experience lag, I have a beta version that fixes this, but takes away some of the nifty graphics the regular version uses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones