1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ways to verify a stolen EVO (MSID, ESN, etc?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kaxfenix, Sep 20, 2011.

1. kaxfenix

kaxfenix Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    My Evo was stolen long story short Seek droid couldnt locate it and I am hoping before I had sprint turn off the net work the wipe went through ..

However today I notice a Evo showed up on Craigs list with a missing charger and a crack in the camera lens. Which obviously I have the charger AND my Evo did have a crack in the lens..

The ad said that it was flashed to stock... My question is, if I was to meet with said person ( personal security aside ) how could I tell visually the phone is indeed mine with irrefutable truth...

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    The serial number and msid are printed on a label in the battery compartment, they're also printed on the original box the evo came in.. If you've reported it lost/stolen to Sprint, then anyone buying it will have to flash it to one of the nvno,s to use it. If you're going to make this a legal matter, you probably should report it stolen to the police and fill out a report before you meet the guy. Once you have possession and are sure it's yours, call the cops immediately. As you know, there's a risk of violence here and you have to ask yourself if it's worth it for a phone with a broken lens that's a few days from EOL. If you go for it? GOOD LUCK!

ndh777 and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
  4. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    Keep us updated on this case

argedion likes this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    I'm not a Genius or anything but couldn't sprint track the GPS of the phone and report its location to the Police. I do believe every phone has a unique MAC Address, So regardless of the Software on the phone the hardware unless changed will remain the same. (Highly doubtful someone would go though all the trouble of changing the actual hardware) I also agree you should get a police report for it. As far as going yourself I wouldn't bother your safety is worth more than a phone and some of these guys are so drugged out they just assume shoot you and clean you out and get more drugs.

+1 Gekko for Plan B

Tags: