• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We can not download pictures from a text message. Many people have problem, so far NO 1 can SOLVE

krius06

Lurker
Apr 6, 2012
i've seen on here that alot of people are having the same problem that I am right now. My android phone will not download pictures from a text message. I have no data plan but I do have unlimited talk and text (pictures included if that helps) and what happens is that when a friend sends me a text with a picture i get a box that says download. When i touch it, it changes to downloading. After a few minutes it changes right back to dowload with no confirmation. The picture is NOT in my phone I promise you. I have no problem sending pictures only recieving them. So, I go get into the settings for the message by touching and holding my finger in the text but not on the download box. This is where you are supposed to have the option to save picture or file to the SIM card. I do not have that option. The only thing that I have is the standard options like call,delete,send sender a text and one that says go to h t t p : / / 1 8 8 . 1 2 2 ext (i'm not allowed to post a link as a new member yet) the only thing that this ends up being is a webpage thats unavailable. A page with the green dude looking at me like, hey sorry man I looked everywhere. One thing I did find that may be a problem is that in my about phone section of my phone settings is a status section where is has details of my phone. One of those is MOBILE NETWORK STATE: Disconnected. ( If that is even relivant) I rely on my wifi at home, the office or anywhere I am that has it available to browse the internet or download awesome apps. Speaking of that, I did try the Save MMS app but it will not find an attatcment because I am being sent an address to download the picture rather than the picture itself in the text message. It seems like ALOT of peole are having this problem, but NO ONE can figure out why this is happening. I'm sure we all would appreciate your time and effort that you would put into this. I think I'm all out of options except to buy a diff phone, which I really don't want to do. Please help us. :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones