1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

we don't usually get RAIN ....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BettyWytias, Jul 8, 2011.

1. BettyWytias

BettyWytias Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    but. I left my phone outside and, yes, it got rained on. AND it's new AND my first 'Droid! at first it worked and now not. I've taken out battery, sim card, media card --- any grand suggestions? do I just let it dry out on its own with these particulars taken out? hair dryer? wait & try again tomorrow??:(

or reply to bwytias@gmail.com

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    There is a trick that many use and that's to put the phone in a lot of rice for some time. The rice will draw the mosture from the phone. It's a little late but the best line of rescue for a wet phone is not to power it on at all until it's been a couple of days in rice to dry out. If the mositure bridges a circuit on the board it's a gamble as to where the power went through the cirucuitry. Without power.... the mositure really can do any harm beyone a certain amount of corrosion. I'd not turn it on again until I am confident it's completely dry.. and then it's a crossed fingers sort of deal.
    I hope it will work for you.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

Unfortunately the first instinct with a wet phone is to see if it works, which is the worst thing you can do. Let it dry in uncooked rice in a bag as olbriar suggested for at least 48 hours. 72 would be better. Then try and power on and hope nothing is cooked.