• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
there are no devices with similar cwm's this uses the dual initramfs setup on the device. so cwm will probably never happen :), and i can safely say never as the attain 4g had a similar setup and since the OUDHS is the only ones who seem to know either of these devices exist and we dont know how to make cwm for them....

Upvote 0
Well i have dream on to getting the guys of CWM to see if they can push this into our device.....dreams come true.

I went through so much hell trying to figure out something for the attain. I literally bothered the shit out of shabby and a few others for help. To no avail though. But I wish you the best. It would be awesome to see cwm on this device.

Upvote 0
Hey does anyone have the ops file for the stock rom on the admire 4g that i can download to flash on odin cuz i rooted nd then ****** it up so if u guys have the ops file i would be so grateful for it

i have a stock tar, but its files that are pre-release, so if you flash it you will not get any ota's etc. it could be a buggy engineering build etc or any number of things. someone who has a admire 4g that has root will need to dump the partitions to make a newer updated tar :)

Reactions: meca312
Upvote 0
i have a stock tar, but its files that are pre-release, so if you flash it you will not get any ota's etc. it could be a buggy engineering build etc or any number of things. someone who has a admire 4g that has root will need to dump the partitions to make a newer updated tar :)

You tell me what i need and how to do it ill get you a the dump if you can use it i need to install a rom so i can get text back.....

Reactions: meca312
Upvote 0
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R820/CR820_FF02.tar

here is the pre-release firmware. there is no ops file needed just flash it in odin. like i said this firmware may be riddled with bugs and it may be terrible etc. it will however get your phone booting again. when someone has a completely stock admire 4g and dumps the partitions from it (we need all of them that are in that tar nut the updated versions).

due to teh nature of these files im not going to provide a walkthrough or odin as i odnt want random people flashing it just because..

Reactions: wanako1
Upvote 0
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R820/CR820_FF02.tar

here is the pre-release firmware. there is no ops file needed just flash it in odin. like i said this firmware may be riddled with bugs and it may be terrible etc. it will however get your phone booting again. when someone has a completely stock admire 4g and dumps the partitions from it (we need all of them that are in that tar nut the updated versions).

due to teh nature of these files im not going to provide a walkthrough or odin as i odnt want random people flashing it just because..
I didn't work in Odin for me. Any help?

Upvote 0
Well here's the working so far... Titanium backup, setcpu, ROM toolkit, lucky patcher, juicer, adaway... Not doing ROM testing until bootloader is unlocked. Used to have a HTC inspire that got stuck in cyanogens bootscreen, but my volume up n down buttons were fubar so it became a paperweight. Liking this one to a point but miss the speed on inspire.

Upvote 0
Well here's the working so far... Titanium backup, setcpu, ROM toolkit, lucky patcher, juicer, adaway... Not doing ROM testing until bootloader is unlocked. Used to have a HTC inspire that got stuck in cyanogens bootscreen, but my volume up n down buttons were fubar so it became a paperweight. Liking this one to a point but miss the speed on inspire.

Try getting an iPod charger and using it to press the volume buttons. It may or may not fit but I did it with my old esteem. Worked like a charm.

Upvote 0
no worries, reuploading the tar now without bootloader chain. so it will literally be just a stock kernel/recovery/system :)

ok some worries, seems the tar got corrupted. all i have is some modded files but should be enough

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R820/Stock-kernel.tar

system will be up later, iut takes a while

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R820/Modded-Admire-4g.zip

download, extract teh zip (leave the tar alone) and flash. it has modem's and system/kernel thats all

Reactions: wanako1
Upvote 0
glad to hear it man :)

liek i said you are on older crappier software. so you may have bugs/issues.
hey guys im also soft bricked samsung logo,metro then restarts over and over! so is i wanted to see if there is a mod my os when i unbrick

no worries, reuploading the tar now without bootloader chain. so it will literally be just a stock kernel/recovery/system :)

ok some worries, seems the tar got corrupted. all i have is some modded files but should be enough

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R820/Stock-kernel.tar

system will be up later, iut takes a while

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R820/Modded-Admire-4g.zip

download, extract teh zip (leave the tar alone) and flash. it has modem's and system/kernel thats all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones