• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root We need a list of people who have rooted and their location.

what is rooting??

You're a new member, so assuming this isn't a joke, "rooting" getting "administrator" access to the phone (the Linux/Android equivalent is the "root" account, hence the term). Allows you to perform certain customizations to the phone, run apps and even replace the operating system ("flash a rom"), things that you could not do otherwise.

I rooted with the stock Sandisk SD near Houston, TX.

Upvote 0
Philly/Chicago. Rooted.

Followed the 10min video by mejdam here: YouTube - Droid Incredible Root in 10mins to do the unrEVOked root.

Used the stock 2GB SanDisk MicroSD that came with my replacement (insurance) phone, but had to pop it in and out to get it to recognize adb shell. Trust me, it works if you time it right.

ROMed Froyo, but I missed Sense too much so now I'm just overclocking it with a Hydra Kernel.

This is my first post, and I figured it all out as a n00b so if anyone has any questions, just ask.

Nice to meet everyone btw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones