1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

We need the ability to sort tablet specific apps on the Market!!! :@

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Texter, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Texter

Texter Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    Oh great, to find Android tablet apps we get to search through a bunch of posts (like going through this thread: http://androidforums.com/general-tablet-talk/328462-honeycomb-apps-list.html).Now tell me again why iPad has such a following? Sure they were the first, but not even having a separate tablet section in the market is steering me more and more towards an iPad.

Come on Android get your crap together will ya? It's like having a great hot car with no gas to run it!

Advertisement

2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    I totally agree with you Texter. It'd be nice for you to see go into the market (app) and see apps that's specific for your tablet.

On the browser market, it does show if the app is compatible with your devices, so it might be better browsing/downloading apps from there? :)

3. awells527

awells527 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Support Desk
    NW Indiana
    I find that Android apps are more universally compatible than iOS apps.

When I load an iPhone/iPod app on my iPad, it shows up in that stupid mini screen that doesn't scale well.

Android apps are designed for multiple resolutions already so a lot of the apps I've installed on my Xoom seem to scale just fine. Sure, some of the controls don't need to stretch across the entire screen, but I haven't ran into a serious compatibility issue yet. I think they are shooting towards developers making apps universal.

lunatic59 likes this.
  4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Did you not find the apps pixalated since it got stretched to triple time their expected resolution?

5. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    I just downloaded a few games for the iPad. Both designed for the iPhone/iPod, so you need to press little "2X" button to enlarge the app. So far, the quality is quite good when enlarged.

Also, there are Cydia applications to deal with the differences in quality. RetinaPad is one.

Roze likes this.
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I have to go with awells527 on this one.

While it would be great to have a specific tablet optimized section, I've found precious little that won't run, and pretty well at that on my T101. Sure, there is the odd app that won't scale or the controls get messy, but that list is much shorter than trying to list only the tablet apps.

When I download an app, I want it to work first, work well, second and be optimized third. Not that #3 isn't important, but as long as 1 and 2 works on both phones and tablets, i can wait for the optimization.