• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

I like how our phone isn't even on their list of devices...that should sum up the chances of getting an update.

I believe its more promising than being on the list, there are devices on that list the say "will remain on 1.5 etc." At least the Triumph isn't posted yet saying will remain on 2.2. I have spoken to a Motorola employee regarding an upgrade to Gingerbread or ICS, they have forwarded my opinions to their engineering department. He also said that they will continue to upgrade the webpage for additional phones once they have tested that an software upgrade will be beneficial to the device and the end-user. I personally told him an update to the Triumph would be very beneficial to Motorola as well as its end users.

Upvote 0
I believe its more promising than being on the list, there are devices on that list the say "will remain on 1.5 etc." At least the Triumph isn't posted yet saying will remain on 2.2. I have spoken to a Motorola employee regarding an upgrade to Gingerbread or ICS, they have forwarded my opinions to their engineering department. He also said that they will continue to upgrade the webpage for additional phones once they have tested that an software upgrade will be beneficial to the device and the end-user. I personally told him an update to the Triumph would be very beneficial to Motorola as well as its end users.

It's funny that they would think otherwise. It's like google saying that ICS would not run on the G1 and look what devs did... They got it on the G1. Although the fact that other 1GHZ phones are gonna be upgraded to it, and the fact that cm9 runs fairly nice, means the MT can more than handle it. Well we'll see where all this takes it.

Upvote 0
Hi! I've been trolling the forums for awhile but this is my first time posting :) I just send this message to Virgin Mobile:

Hi! I've had the Optimus V since it was released, and really would like to upgrade my phone. I would love to just jump to the Motorola Triumph, but it seems to be plagued with problems. I am looking for some straight forward questions, no "We don't have that information" or "We'll let you know on our website!" kind of non-answers. Firstly, when is there going to be an update for the Motorola Triumph? You keep saying it's up to Motorola, and Motorola keeps saying it's up to you. Sounds like you both need to have a chat and make up your mind. Secondly, if there isn't going to be an update, would you be able to tell me what phones will be released soon? I hope it's not just those rumored 600mhz ZTE phones..

Also, please do not tell me you're not in the correct department. If that is the case, please contact someone in the correct department, forward them this message, and have them reply.

I'm sorry if this message sounds brash or harsh, it just seems like Virgin Mobile has been giving us customers the run around for quite a few months about these issues.

Thank you.

---
I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply. Just thought I'd share. I really would love to get the Triumph, but short of rooting, it seems destined to fail.

I've sent worse messages, so that isn't that harsh. And the fact of the matter is it's up to both of them not one or the other, I mean sure Motorola has to make the update, but VM has to release the update. So the fact that they both seem to no nothing is kind of discerning.

Upvote 0
I've sent worse messages, so that isn't that harsh. And the fact of the matter is it's up to both of them not one or the other, I mean sure Motorola has to make the update, but VM has to release the update. So the fact that they both seem to no nothing is kind of discerning.

I think VM doesn't even have to be involved in the update process, sure its a VM phone but Motorola made the phone. Motorola can release the update via their webpage and install using the USB cable. I don't see VM releasing an OTA update to its customers. Sure Motorola will have to add VM's bloatware apps to the update.

Upvote 0
I think VM doesn't even have to be involved in the update process, sure its a VM phone but Motorola made the phone. Motorola can release the update via their webpage and install using the USB cable. I don't see VM releasing an OTA update to its customers. Sure Motorola will have to add VM's bloatware apps to the update.

Which would mean they still need VM's permission...

Upvote 0
Here is Motorola's response:

Dear E,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

We are sorry but the Triumph is not included to have a software upgrade in the near future.

As previously communicated, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX, DROID 4, DROID BIONIC, DROID XYBOARD 8.2 and 10.1, and MOTOROLA XOOM WiFI + 3G/4G will be upgraded to ICS. Additional details on timing for these products will be shared at a later date.

Kindly see our website to see the phones that will have the software update: https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Leony

Upvote 0
And here is Virgin Mobile's response:

Hello E,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care. First, let me extend my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

At this moment, unfortunately we do not have a compatible version for the Android 4.0 software for the Motorola Triumph. Motorola company is still working with the android version and it is trying to provide the community a better android software. At this moment Motorola has managed to get the Android 2.2 (Froyo) for this phone and there is not an official updated software yet. Once we have an update, we will be notifying our customers.

We do appreciate your complaints, suggestions and comments, which are vital for us to solve issues and continue improving our service. Virgin Mobile assures you that your comments have already been taken seriously as a way to reach high improvement in customer's satisfaction, which is our highest priority!

If you need additional help, feel free to let us know how we can assist further or contact us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM from your handset). You can reach us Monday through Sunday from 4am-9pm PST. As a reminder, please include your Virgin Mobile phone number and account PIN on any reply to us.

Thanks,

George
Virgin Mobile at your Service
Prepaid Unlimited Cell Phone Plans | Android | Smartphone | Broadband | Virgin Mobile

Upvote 0
It's not a matter of "demand" really, it would greatly increase their buisness, regardless of who actually owns the company. Let them see a potential financial gain in their product and research it a bit. Hopefully it'd prove to them that this would be a great improvement, financially, and for the end user to get a "better" out-of-the-box product.

You cannot possible know how much it will increase their business.

Upvote 0
To be honest, if the Virgin Mobile's business model is going slow, I am gonna jump out and find a carrier who is a step ahead and not be behind on newer technology. Motorola Triumph was a great step but 4G networks are already out and some newer phones already have Gingerbread at the time.. I do not want to head to contract plans or have the bestest phone, I still want to pay less I could. And to understand this clearly, we do need gingerbread to take advantage of the Front Facing Camera, VM or Motorola must release an update and fix the issues left on their Froyo stock ROM. I want HDMI as much as the next person, I am slowly wanting to get out of VM for their slow business model and 3G.

NOTE: I know what I have and researched, I am happy but some other carriers are ahead. Why can't we?

Upvote 0
To be honest, if the Virgin Mobile's business model is going slow, I am gonna jump out and find a carrier who is a step ahead and not be behind on newer technology. Motorola Triumph was a great step but 4G networks are already out and some newer phones already have Gingerbread at the time.. I do not want to head to contract plans or have the bestest phone, I still want to pay less I could. And to understand this clearly, we do need gingerbread to take advantage of the Front Facing Camera, VM or Motorola must release an update and fix the issues left on their Froyo stock ROM. I want HDMI as much as the next person, I am slowly wanting to get out of VM for their slow business model and 3G.

NOTE: I know what I have and researched, I am happy but some other carriers are ahead. Why can't we?

Cuz VM is prepaid... That's the main reason.

Upvote 0

don t know where and dont know much about the coverage but Metro pcs now has a 4GLTE service might check into that if it is available in your area

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones