• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help weak 3g and radio signal on fascinate? any help?

griswolds53

Mar 1, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with my fascinate's signal. I know that bars are not indicative of the signal you are receiving, but my phone is usually at 0-1 bars most of the time it does jump to 2 bars on occasion. I am usually around -101dbm for my signal. I do not get any dropped calls, but I do get garbled and static phone calls on occasion. The big issue is the 3g. It takes forever for WebPages to load, and sometimes they half load, then take forever to load the rest of the way. If I restart the phone, it works but only for a few hours. I am coming from the droid incredible that had awesome radio and 3g signals. I never had an issue, so I know its not my area. I bought the phone from my friend, brand new, as it was his upgrade that he sold me. However, Verizon will not let me exchange it, even though it is a new activation.

My question I guess is there any way that I can boost my signal, or is this just a flaw in the hardware that I am stuck with until I decide to buy another phone? I have tried *228, 1 and 2, as well as talking to verizon teir 2 techs. they were not much help.

Thank you for your help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones