• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weak signal help?

Kootenanny

Lurker
Sep 10, 2012
So, I got a new Note, but I can't get a signal at home. My previous BBY and my wife's iPhone work fine here.

In "status," signal strength is listed as -113 dBm, 0 asu; Mobile network type is "unknown."

Is it just that the Note has an inferior antenna than the iPhone? Is there anything I can do to fix the situation, short of getting a booster? (I've noticed this phone doesn't seem to pick up as strong a signal as my BBY did, anywhere).

Thanks for any info.

I am sitting here, in my car and am typing this on my iPad. I have my wife's iPhone with me. I am streaming Sky tv news in the UK on the iPad and the signal strength on both of them is showing three bars (out of five). Mails and calls are not a problem.

My new Galaxy Note 2 is not displaying a signal. It is not what I expected and is not what I need. I bought it three days ago and would like anyone to let me know how the signal can be improved before I send it back as unfit for purpose. It is not housed in any case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones