• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wear OS watches

Vanoo

Lurker
Dec 15, 2019
Hi there!

I'm new to Wear OS development and I'm writing app that generally sends messages from phone to smartwatches and back. I'd love to test it on real device, but I can't find information which is better.

Could you please suggest me some smartwatches for testing my app?

Thanks a lot

@ocnbrze, I had a snarky comment all typed up and ready to post...then better judgment took over. :D

Just for clarity, the OP states: "I'm new to Wear OS development and I'm writing app that generally sends messages from phone to smartwatches and back."
yes but then the op says:
Hi there!
Could you please suggest me some smartwatches for testing my app?

Thanks a lot

......so i did.

the only watch i'm familiar with was the lg urbane, which is a solid watch. but, it is no longer supported as they have a new line out in the past few years. the new watches look legit. i think i will look into one, maybe after the new year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones