1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weather app not working after 2.1 OTA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yodeldog, May 20, 2010.

1. Yodeldog

Yodeldog Newbie

My Weather App not working since 2.1 OTA. Does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone know about a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cmccmc

cmccmc Newbie

Mine wasn't working for a while after the OTA either. Here's what I did:
    Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync - make sure your Weather "account" is in there.
    Click on it and you have more options -
    check "Sync weather data"
    Account settings: update every hour

Did you add the HTC Power Control widget? I did and the weather wasn't updating because I turned off the button second from the right (the sync icon).

After that my weather has been ok.

3. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Android Enthusiast

You can also do menu/settings/applications/manage applications - wait for the apps to load then search for the weather app and clear data

4. rick311

rick311 Android Enthusiast

you NEED to have background data on and auto sync on as well. something i do not like to do, but with 2.1 you need to do that.

if its force closeing, you need to go to menu-settings-manage apps- and clear the data and cache in the weather apps.

should work then.

5. Yodeldog

Yodeldog Newbie

Thanks guys. At least the weather widget on the main screen is working. But the weather app still crashes when I try to start it. I haven't figured how to have "background data" on. Maybe it will work when I get that done.

6. Yodeldog

Yodeldog Newbie

Well, I powered the phone off and when it powered back up the weather app works fine now. Thanks for your help.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews