• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather App

mystik1

Dec 5, 2009
NC, USA
fb.algadon.com
I have tried The Weather Channel, Weather Bug Elite, and the one in Beautiful Widgets. I like the setup of Weather Bug Elite best, but it is not accurate in my area. The Weather Channel and Beautiful Widgets are accurate. The Weather Channel does not show in the status bar, though. Are there any accurate weather apps other than this one that show in the status bar? Ideally, I'd like something that shows in the status bar, and has info on the "feels like" temperature and forecasts. Beautiful Widgets does not have the "feels like" temperature. Thanks.

1) open weather channel
2) select and hold the location that you want to make "home" for about 2 seconds. (this will bring up more options)
3) select "set as home" (this will put weather in status bar)

The only thing is, the program needs to be running for it to be there. If you kill the weather program, it kills the icon in the status bar.

Upvote 0
Yea, it was easy. I just hadn't thought to look there, I guess. I figured it would add to the status bar automatically like the others. Glad Mike pointed it out to us, which also helps me in that it reinforces the concept of always checking that everywhere possible for options, which I had been leaning towards, but missed it on that one. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones