• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather application with severe weather alerts ?

Last week I got a Motorola Atrix and turned off my iPhone 3Gs. I had that for almost 2 years and had been using Weather Alert USA. Weather Alert USA I could configure it for the specific NOAA alerts I wanted to get, for what ever area(s) I wanted. My phone would would alert me with in a few seconds of the weather radio alarm at the house.

I wish I could find something like this for android, It's about the only thing I miss from my iPhone. I'm using Weather bug now.

Upvote 0
I use Weather Bug, but am looking for an app that shows what the weather is like on the main screen...for instance if it is raining i want to see rain drops or clowds snow etc. Any ideas?

Weather bug is great (free version) just looking for rain drops!

I actually paid for Weather bug, but don't use it, there are much better apps, and I tried a lot.

Currently I use 3 weather apps:

1. GO Weather - for changing live wallpaper based on current weather. You've got to be careful, I tried a few "animated wallpapers", they look great, but they really drain you battery. GO Weather just changes the background image. And displays current weather as text on top of the image. But the temperature wasn't very accurate (at least for AU)

2. WMD-Weather (paid) for the best widgets (very configurable), especially clock&weather widget which has next alarm, couldn't find any other app which does it all.

3. Palmary Weather (paid)- for very good chart widgets - 12hrs, 48hrs, 2days, 7days, temperature, wind, rain, everything. And it's got 9 other widgets.

And I did have "Weather Services" (paid too) - the BEST quality graphics, beautiful widgets, looks very professional. Weather Bug looks crappy comparing to Weather Services. But wasn't very accurate for AU.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones