1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weather apps...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Fascinate_74, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Fascinate_74

Fascinate_74 Lurker

What do you guys think is the best weather app? I want one that updates my location when I visit other cities. I have accuweather but I haven't gone out of town while it's installed. I don't know if it changes, do you guys know? If not do you know of an app that does?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Nitrohog

Nitrohog Lurker

I personally like weatherbug, it updates where you are and puts the current temp in your notification bar. It also has a nice widget and severe weather updates to you notification bar.

3. Fascinate_74

Fascinate_74 Lurker

I have had that before, doesn't update when you go out of town.

4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert

I like MyCast weather. It will update if you use the "location" function. I don't because it uses a little more battery. Best weather app I have ever used.

5. kat3k

kat3k Member

I tried several, and have settled on Palmary. It is not free, but to me it is mjore than worth it. I like its accuracy (which some of the most common apps could not provide), features and graphics. I think their web page is palmarysoft.com. I like to check out apps on web pages with my PC before installing them, especially now with the 15 minute trial time.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Also check Weather Widgets by Pixelspore. It has lots of widgets to choose from and a my position feature too.

7. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

I just use the stock HTC sense one. If i want to know if there is rain coming though i use "rainy days". It shows a satellite feed for the last hour so you can predict what is coming in. Really useful

8. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

If you need a very accurate weather forecast, then install precision from the MeteoGroup.

You don't need GPS, you'll find you your places in the whole world to check them.
    Far from free, not small in phone memory and no widget, but as I said precision :)
    WeatherPro - Android

EDIT: After update now the app is small in phone memory (moved to SD card).
    By comparison, the forum app needs 10 times more memory :D

Harry

9. lornaevo

lornaevo Well-Known Member

I like both weatherbug elite and palmary. I found palmary to be more of a battery drain though.

10. Weatherbug for me. It has satellite imagery, accurately fixes on my position and the forecasts are accurate too.

11. cjpederson

cjpederson Newbie

I use WeatherBug Elite. It adjusts to your location and has a really nice customizable widget.

12. wsyocum

wsyocum Lurker

If you want the most accurate weather...go with accu weather...that and NOAA are what all the meteorologists use for their forcasts. NOAA doesnt have an app, but I have a shorcut to their site on one of my homescreens.

13. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

I have The Weather Channel; it's free, and it does change automatically when in another area.