• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather channel Force Closing.

CrazyKnight128

May 12, 2010
I use the weather channel app i like it and its usually works but lately The widget is saying that GPS is Unavailable and GPS is turned on, Also when i open the app and try to get my location using GPS is force closes. I was just wondering if anyone was having any of the same problems and maybe a solution.

I don't use the weather channel app but I do use the weather widget and after the 2.1 upgrade it force closed every time. I found the solution on one of these forums, go to applications, manage, and go to weather and clear the data. It worked again after that. This could be something totally different though.

Upvote 0
I used to use the Weather Channel app & widget, but like you, I started having problems after the last update. My biggest concern was the constant use of system resources. It continuously runs. Also, the size of the app grows constantly. Mine exceeded 8mb! There's no way to clear the data either.

I just use my Beautiful Widgets for current conditions and a local news channels app for radar and other forecasts.

I still get severe alerts text to me from TWC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones