1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support weather / clock widget shows united kingdom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edgie70, Dec 17, 2011.

1. edgie70

edgie70 Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2011
    Manchester u.k
    a few days back my location on the weather/clock widget changed from salford to united kingdom and has stayed like that , before it changed when i went to different places but now is just stuck on uk , i have refreshed the weather , removed and replaced the widget , removed battery and re started but still the same , anyone else got this problem , many thanks

Advertisement

2. Lowey5

Lowey5 Newbie
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Director
    Oxford, UK
    Hi,

Mine did this too, its now gone back to to local locations.

I tried deleting and rebooting made no difference I am fairly sure it was HTC sever issue and it has now been sorted.

3. edgie70

edgie70 Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2011
    Manchester u.k
    hi thanks for your reply , mine is still the same , iam in a different location to you so may be mine will correct its self , in the weather widget i can add my location and it will stay on the weather/clock all the time and not change where i go , i have cleared all data and its still on uk , i will wait and see

4. jsmithy1

jsmithy1 Newbie
    None

Apr 2, 2011
  5. dosdos

dosdos Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    My Desire S just started telling me that I am in Helston in Cornwall when Im actually in London area. And sometimes says United Kingdom. I just bought a new router secondhand from someone in Cornwall is this a coincidence as I did reset it back to factory settings.

6. Hackney Boy

Hackney Boy Newbie
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Essex
    Mine has done this since i updated to 3.0 :thinking:

7. Lowey5

Lowey5 Newbie
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Director
    Oxford, UK
    UPDATE, I've since upgraded to a Sensation XL (my wife treated me:)) and its running Sense 3.5 and still has the same issue, albeit not as often now. It can't be our phones it must be HTC servers or whatever/however they use.

8. KiwiD13

KiwiD13 Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Kent, UK
    I get the same but only at home, at work in West London I get a correct location.

9. GStadium

GStadium Member
    None

May 1, 2010
    ICT Support
    North east England
    I'm having this same issue in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. My clock widget (on my HTC Desire) used to show the location correctly and now it doesn't - I get only "United Kingdom". Any idea who we can contact about this annoying problem?

John H

10. Cannonball2

Cannonball2 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Inventory Controller
    Hampshire, UK
    I noticed this afternoon that the time on my phone was 5 hours slow.
    Checked the weather location and it said Buffalo US and not London.
    I restarted the phone and the time was corrected. Lucky I noticed it or my alarm would not have gone off at the correct time tomorrow morning!!

11. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    In the HTC Weather widget, if you click on 'Weather' at the foot of the screen on one of the added/saved locations (not the 'current location'), you'll be taken to the AccuWeather site. Select Menu on that web page, top right, then My Settings, and when you press 'Use Current Location' you'll either resolve your problem or get an error message saying your Current Location can't be found.

I'm unsure as to whether the problem is at AccuWeather's end or HTC's, in that the information used for current location has either become unavailable to AccuWeather or that Accuweather aren't able to resolve the information themselves.

In the AccuWeather Help menu, there's a section on 'Issues with the Weather Clock' which suggests you contact the phone manufacturer not them, as they do not provide the widget, only the information.

12. Hackney Boy

Hackney Boy Newbie
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Essex
    Mine has rectified itself, i did nothing

13. Haemmordroid

Haemmordroid Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Same here. Sometimes says Worthing, sometimes United Kingdom. Put my location in on their website via the phone but still does the same thing......

14. GStadium

GStadium Member
    None

May 1, 2010
    ICT Support
    North east England
    Thanks, Notebook. The Accuweather site found my location but it still didn't fix the widget. It seems to be stuck at "United Kingdom (current)".

Occasionally when I'm at work (about a mile away, in the same town) it will say "Gateshead" but doesn't seem to have worked for me at home since Christmas. I got the phone in Spring 2010 and have never had this problem until now, so I have to assume it's caused by a software update. I guess I'll need to travel with the phone to find out whether it's a general problem...it used to be fairly accurate at showing where I was on trains etc.

15. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    I think it's one of those things that will appear to resolve itself. (I'm pretty sure it's an HTC/HTCSense.com device location problem on their network. HTCSense.com is still in beta!) A friend recently had the same problem for a week or so and everything is now working as it should.

16. KiwiD13

KiwiD13 Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mine seems to have fixed its self yesterday as well.

17. SteLomas

SteLomas Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Burnley
    mine has been like this since i ran the last system update last week , had nothing but problems since that last update. Freezing widgets on home screen that cant be removed and all sorts ! ANNOYED . is there any way of reversing an update ??

Tags: