• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather Forecast App for UK / Europe?

Hi All,

I hope this is the right section to post this, I have an HTC / G2 on a T-Mobile UK contract...

I'm after a good weather forecast app that works well for the UK and Europe.

I also use WeatherPro on my iPOD Touch (when I can link up to my home WiFi) and it is great - it picks up small towns, gives 5 day forecasts, 24 hour forecasts broken down into 3 hour time slots, shows satelite and radar, temperatures in 'F and 'C, windspeed and direction.... Oh, and it is very accurate too!

I can't find it on the Android Market though. Bummer.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

Many thanks,

James

Hi All,

I hope this is the right section for this question, I have a Hero / G2 on a UK T-Mobile contract.

I'm after a good weather forecast app that works well in the UK and Europe.

I sometimes use WeatherPro on my iPOD touch when I can connect to my home WiFi. This is great - it picks up small towns, gives 5 day forecasts, 24 hour forecasts broken down into 3 hour time slots, gives radar and satelite images, temps in 'F and 'C, windspeed and direction... Oh, and it seems very accurate too. I think it cost something, but only a couple of pounds.

I can't find this on the Android Market though.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative?

Many thanks,

James

Upvote 0
The only weather app I use is the HTC one but I tend not to use it much, preferring to use metcheck.com instead, their free stuff is pretty good and the website is reasonably fast to load on the browser. I've got my home location set as my browser's home page. If there's anything that can compete with that in an automatically updating widget for free I'd be interested but the few I've tried haven't measured up.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've got MetCheck saved as a bookmark, or to be more accurate, several bookmarks for the different towns/cities I am interested in. Like you said it all loads up relatively fast and is quite accurate. [For more specific forecases of the ski areas I need to know about I use snow-forecast.com, it is superb!]

I've tried the Weather Bug, Weather Wigits Donate and Weather channel but they all fall down on either one of two areas - the option of 'C over 'F and that you can't get forecasts broken down into time increments lower than 24 hours.

To date the iPOD's WeatherPro still has it all...

As for my default weather app that came on the handset it seems to have crashed and only returnd a 'No Weather Data Available' message.

Any more suggestions?

James

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones