1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support weather & internet browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aekhhi, May 27, 2011.

1. aekhhi

aekhhi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    Does anyone know a good weather application I can download on my Flyer?

I currently have Weather Bug Elite and I love it.. but it fits better on my HTC Inspire. So if I pull up certain alerts.. like the tornado warning we had yesterday.. it doesn't show the whole message. I normally use Accuweather on my computer because I like their radar the best. But I've always been a loyal Weather Bug fan since 1998 or 1999?.. somewhere around there. but does anyone have any suggestions?

also, does anyone have a suggestion for a better browser? sometimes the pages don't load right at all. like for my work email, it won't let me scroll over and it won't make it smaller on the screen so I can see everything.

Advertisement

2. ryan00davis

ryan00davis Newbie
    None

May 3, 2010
    Give firefox a try, should be available on the market. I tend to stick to the stock browser anyway just because firefox doesn't support flash.

Sadly dont have any weather recommendations. Here in california, i cant remember the last time i saw a weather alert. I do have weatherbug elite, and I dont see any issues with things not fitting on the screen. Everything seems to look fine.

3. LadyX

LadyX Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    NYC
    I actually really like the Accuweather app in the market. I would recommend downloading that. It works really well and the widget is great too.

4. SciJohnDroid

SciJohnDroid Newbie
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    near the ocean
    The built in HTC Weather Widget is supported by accuweather. It sent tornado warnings to my notification bar last week when western MA had their tornadoes.
    It actually surprised me when the notifications automatically popped up.
    It's installed by default.

5. aekhhi

aekhhi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    it only happens when the 'severe weather' alert pops up.. or air quality control or a tornado watch. it just makes it so tiny to the point where you can't read it so I end up switching to my phone to check that real quick lol.

6. aekhhi

aekhhi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    does it give the radar images too?

7. LadyX

LadyX Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    NYC
    No radar images but pretty much everything else. Gives you a detailed 10 day forecast with many settings and formatting options as far as time, location etc. I like the widget because you can see the upcoming weeks weather without having to actually open the application and it fits nicely on the home screen.

Tags: