• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weather location

Atch

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
Michigan
My weather location indicates some county that is not even in my state. I have added a second location that is my location, but as "#2" it isn't the one that shows on my main screen.

I can see a button to "rearrange", but it is grayed out. When I hit the delete button, my only option to delete is the #2 location that I added.

How can I edit or delete the #1 location?

i've had the same problem. for awhile last night the correct city was listed now it's back to another city that's actually close to mine but not my city. i can't even figure out how to add my city as #2 because it keeps telling me city not found. Anyone else having this issue.

Same issue, sort of.

Yesterday when the phone was first activate at RS, the exact location of the store came up- the city (Golden Valley -suburb of twin cities). Then shortly after I got home(few miles west) the phone prompted me for updates. The updates downloaded etc. After boot up, the weather location came up as Minneapolis. Well, although I live in a burb outside Minneapolis, the city of Golden Valley is closer than the heart of Mpls for me. So, I'd rather keep GV for location. But now I can't even add GV as it says city not found :thinking:

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. I live in Boston and the weather that displays on my home page is for a western suburb. I was able to add Boston as a city but it doesn't display as my primary (current) city and I can't rearrange the cities like the owner's manual says.

It's not a huge deal but it's very annoying since the weather can be very different in 2 New England locations, even if they are only 15 miles apart.

If anyone finds the answer to this issue please post!

Upvote 0
Same issue, sort of.

Yesterday when the phone was first activate at RS, the exact location of the store came up- the city (Golden Valley -suburb of twin cities). Then shortly after I got home(few miles west) the phone prompted me for updates. The updates downloaded etc. After boot up, the weather location came up as Minneapolis. Well, although I live in a burb outside Minneapolis, the city of Golden Valley is closer than the heart of Mpls for me. So, I'd rather keep GV for location. But now I can't even add GV as it says city not found :thinking:
Weird, considering GV is a pretty good size city. I live down in Rosemount and it finds me no problem.

Upvote 0
Same issue here. Luckily it recognizes the two main places I travel to, but it won't let me add "Silver Spring, MD." So when I was in Downtown Silver Spring, it just displayed a number instead of my location. Even Android 1.5 let me add locations for my weather widget... I hope Sprint/HTC can resolve this minor (but annoying) issue! I wonder if the infamous 6/28 update is the culprit?

Upvote 0
Holy cow I didn't think this was such a widespread problem...

I have this issue, but didn't care too much of it cause really... I can tell what the sky looks like by looking up most times...

Anywho, I've seen the city listed as the correct one numerous times, and when I tried to manually put it in when it isn't correct and it says city now found...

This issue I don't care about though lol...

Upvote 0
Come on Sprint and HTC, my EVO also shows my current city in the weather app as mine for a just minute, then reverts back to a city close to me, but NOT mine. I would like to lock it in to my city. I can't add my city because it says "city not found" and it's a larger city than the one it keeps going back to. It's now Feb 2011 and I hope this ever gets fixed! I have no options at all to enter my zip code or anything. I want to see my current city weather even when I'm out of town also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones