• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weather on clock widget won't work

gripweed

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2010
My weather on my clock widget won't find my current location. It can find other major cities like New York and nearby Cleveland, but it can't zero in on my little town, which it always has before.

My wife's is working and shows our town, but mine just sits there blank with the town name saying no information is found.

I deleted the widget off the screen and readded it.
I pulled the battery.

Neither worked.

Any ideas?

Yes, wireless networks is checked.

I only turn the GPS on for map stuff. It's always been wireless networks and working.
Yeah, don't turn on GPS. Just making sure you atleast have the wireless networks one checked. Have you tried refreshing the widget? (Tapping the weather part of the flip clock, and then on the bottom left, pressing the sync button)

Upvote 0
Yeah, don't turn on GPS. Just making sure you atleast have the wireless networks one checked. Have you tried refreshing the widget? (Tapping the weather part of the flip clock, and then on the bottom left, pressing the sync button)

Yep, tried that too.

Figures this happens the day after my 30 days is up haha. It's not a huge problem. I just use TWC one now, but I liked that widget.

Upvote 0
yeah... mine just started doing that today after I returned from another state. it's stuck on that state and won't return to my state even after i refreshed it, removed and added the widget, pulled the battery, etc... what is going on?

UPDATE:

Ok, just figured it out. I had turned off "Use wireless networks" when I was traveling to try to prolong my battery life. I just went back in - go to Menu - Settings - Location - and check the Use wireless networks box. After I did that my weather location popped up immediately! Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones