• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather Widget Database

ebc1973

Jul 1, 2010
As many of you know, sometimes the weather widget can not properly locate your current city. When this happens, the name of the current city either reads Current Location or simply 1. I know this is very insignificant for many, but it drives me crazy. I hate seeing both of those descriptions. I understand that the system may not be able to locate my city at that moment. I can live with that. But I don't like the Current Location and 1 titles. I have a SQL database editor I downloaded from the market. I also have located the database file for the weather widget. I can rename the city of Los Angeles to Las Angles if I want to. What I want to do is rename the Current Location title and the 1 title to the name of my state, which is Virginia. So when the widget can't locate my city, instead of displaying Current Location or 1, it will display Virginia. Is this possible? Where are those titles/descriptions stored so I can re-name them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones