1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

""weather" widget shows blank temperature

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by vgt, Mar 1, 2019.

1. vgt

vgt Newbie

Hello,
    I just bought a ZTE N9137 cell phone. In its setup I decided not to give the Weather widget access to needed permissions. After that stunt with the reporter hanging on for dear life in a hurricane's gusty winds, only to have someone calmly stroll by behind him, The Weather Channel has lost me. Nor do I want it on my phone.

The Joke's on me, because the "weather" widget is from ACCUWeather, not the Weather Channel.

I am now trying to figure out how to set the permissions on the widget so the present temperature is not -- degrees with the high and low being --/--. That and I am at "Location." Somewhere in the setup was the choice to put my location there, or recommended, the word "Location.

One solution would be to dump the weather widget and put a clock there. There is a clock included in this widget, but I would like to put the weather info there.

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Try going into settings/applications/find accuweather or weather/select permissions. You should be able to let it use your location. If you just want it to use a stagnant location then you should be able to open the widget and find settings that way.

3. vgt

vgt Newbie

Thank you, Clementine_3. Accuweather app has location permissions and it shows me the temperature in the notification area without using the Weather widget. I also have the time displayed top right.

Initially when setting up the phone, I had a chance to set the widget up, and in Location, I selected "Location" (recommended) instead of my actual location. That makes the widget look silly with Location displayed on the screen and the blank temps.

I installed the app and it displays my city when I open it, but did nothing to help the weather widget. So I dumped the widget. off the screen.

Supposedly there was access to Settings for the weather widget inside the widget, but nothing I did revealed that menu. And in Settings I saw nothing of the widget to give permissions to. The app is listed in the Location section of Settings and is permitted.

I will call this off and thank you for your help. I would like to find out a couple other things for which I will start a new topic.

Thank you!

Clementine_3 likes this.
  4. These kind of issues usually happening. For that you need to replace your widget to some good sites widget which are properly shoiwng the temperature.

Weather & Clock Widget for (Download)