1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ""weather" widget shows blank temperature

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by vgt, Mar 1, 2019.

1. vgt

vgt Newbie

Apr 6, 2017
    Hello,
    I just bought a ZTE N9137 cell phone. In its setup I decided not to give the Weather widget access to needed permissions. After that stunt with the reporter hanging on for dear life in a hurricane's gusty winds, only to have someone calmly stroll by behind him, The Weather Channel has lost me. Nor do I want it on my phone.

The Joke's on me, because the "weather" widget is from ACCUWeather, not the Weather Channel.

I am now trying to figure out how to set the permissions on the widget so the present temperature is not -- degrees with the high and low being --/--. That and I am at "Location." Somewhere in the setup was the choice to put my location there, or recommended, the word "Location.

One solution would be to dump the weather widget and put a clock there. There is a clock included in this widget, but I would like to put the weather info there.

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Try going into settings/applications/find accuweather or weather/select permissions. You should be able to let it use your location. If you just want it to use a stagnant location then you should be able to open the widget and find settings that way.

3. vgt

vgt Newbie

Apr 6, 2017
    Thank you, Clementine_3. Accuweather app has location permissions and it shows me the temperature in the notification area without using the Weather widget. I also have the time displayed top right.

Initially when setting up the phone, I had a chance to set the widget up, and in Location, I selected "Location" (recommended) instead of my actual location. That makes the widget look silly with Location displayed on the screen and the blank temps.

I installed the app and it displays my city when I open it, but did nothing to help the weather widget. So I dumped the widget. off the screen.

Supposedly there was access to Settings for the weather widget inside the widget, but nothing I did revealed that menu. And in Settings I saw nothing of the widget to give permissions to. The app is listed in the Location section of Settings and is permitted.

I will call this off and thank you for your help. I would like to find out a couple other things for which I will start a new topic.

Thank you!

Clementine_3 likes this.
  4. Elsner Magento

These kind of issues usually happening. For that you need to replace your widget to some good sites widget which are properly shoiwng the temperature.