1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weather widget wrong location

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eloh666, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Eloh666

Eloh666 Lurker

My HTC sensation arrived yesterday, however after the 2.3.4 update I seem to have some weird issue.
    While the gps is super precise in finding my location the meteo (which if i got that right works using the the wifi) seems to find a whole different area. The plan was to overcome the issue by setting my own location on the widget which unfortunatly is not present in the device archive (Alessandria Italy).
    Is there a chance to add it ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member

Eloh666, check you sync setting for the weather app.

go to settings>accounts&sync, if you click the weather at the bottom, check mark sync weather, and tell how often, i had this problem ( 2.3.3 ) and this sorted it.

3. Eloh666

Eloh666 Lurker

Currently it is set to 3 hours, should I try to change it?

4. Eloh666

Eloh666 Lurker

The location updates correctly if I decide to use only the GPS to determine my location, it works perfectly with the meteo application but the widget (the clock one) does NOT work with wireless location deactivated.
    It would just be a lot easier I could add my own city to the database using weather codes, isnt there a way to do so?

5. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member

i dont know about actual weather codes.....i have just been looking through the sensation manual.

it says for the weather app to automatically update... well here is what it says, you could try turning all you location settings on if they are not already

For HTC Sensation to detect your current location and display your local weather in
    the Weather app and widget as well as in Clock and Calendar:

6. master_yoda

master_yoda Android Enthusiast

As long as weather is set to sync and you at least have use wireless networks for location enabled it should work ok.

I personally dont have use gps for location enabled and the only time I had any problems was when I turned off weather sync. Setting it to update every 3 hours is also fine, and will not drain battery much.

Cheers

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date is 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews