• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weather Widget

Halainn317

Aug 30, 2010
NY
I trashed the pre-installed weather widget and downloaded the Weather Channel widget, but it's not refreshing the temperature. This is the same reason I got rid of the pre-installed version. Anyone know why this happens? I also have Advanced Task Killer, could this be the culprit?

Thank you :) I'm new to Ally and the forums so I'm just curious, what is it that makes ATK so horrible? Is it just saying it's closing tasks and really not?

Android is not a windows, its a linux, no linux system comes with a task killer because it manages memory differently. When you close something with ATK and the system needs it then it has to give more horsepower to start it back up and since ATK closes everything right after you end a task it just gets reopened. ATK runs in background too so it uses memory that it free's pretty much. Not to mention getting addicted to killing tasks and spending more time using the phone to kill tasks then just letting it sit there.

Upvote 0
Which task killer would you suggest then? Also, just wondering if the Live Wallpapers kill your battery faster?

To be honest, I don't use one but i know people who could not live with their phone without it. The best option is to search through and find one that works for you.

You may even find you don't need one, but that choice is yours. It's your phone, figure out what works best for you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones