1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Weather Wiget Locations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 70363c1413, Jun 24, 2011.

1. 70363c1413

70363c1413 Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Is there a way to add cities to the list of locations in the weather widget?
    I can get exact weather for the town I live in using other apps, but the nearest city on the widget list is 40 miles away. It's sort of the same weather, but the storms follow different patterns out here.

Thanks for any feedback.

Advertisement

2. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    I noticed that when I first got the phone. It would only bring up Nashville, but I live 30 miles away. GPS should pick up your location (down to your city). I noticed it picked it up after a reboot, but someone may know of a more efficient way.

3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    Which widget are you using? Clock, which also displays the weather, or the actual HTC Weather widget?

For clock: Upon creating a new widget, it asks you to choose what city to give weather info on. You can choose "My Location" which utilizes the GPS, or specify a particular city. Just delete your current widget and create a new one to chose this.

For Weather: Go into the actual Weather app that came with the phone, and on the bottom right is a large plus sign. Use this to add a new city to get weather info on. The widget will either display all of them, or will prompt you to choose one upon creation (depends on what size widget you chose).

Your problem seems to be that the GPS is guessing the nearest major city, but the major city is too far away for accurate weather. Try manually adding the city as described above and it might help.

Hope this helps, bud.

4. 70363c1413

70363c1413 Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Well, the city for "My Location" isn't correct, and when I try to add a city, I get the "City Not Found" message.

Does the GPS have to be on for a long period of time for the phone to update the "My Location" setting?