• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weatherbug App

stevcha

Android Expert
Nov 6, 2009
Does anyone know how to clear the weather alerts that pop up? I'm using the WB widget on my homescreen and it constantly shows the little red alert. Ive looked at the alert but there's no way to clear it. I've tried to disable the alerts feature under the Alert Notifications section in preferences but its still there. I'm using version 2.5.288

Thanks!!!

The very bottom of the app is a scroll dock-like thing. The alert button is the 2nd to last button on the right.

Does your app not have this?

I don't have an alert right now, but I think I went to that button to read the alert and once read, it cleared. I'll pay more attention next time I get an alert and report back exactaly what I did.

Upvote 0
The very bottom of the app is a scroll dock-like thing. The alert button is the 2nd to last button on the right.

Does your app not have this?

I don't have an alert right now, but I think I went to that button to read the alert and once read, it cleared. I'll pay more attention next time I get an alert and report back exactaly what I did.

Mine does have the scroll dock with the alert button. I've gone in there and read the alerts. I then went back to the main screen of WB and it shows the alerts have cleared BUT when I look at the widget it still shows the alert icon. I then go back into WB and it still shows the alerts.

What version are you running?

Upvote 0
Are you having a problem with the WeatherBug app sometimes/everytime opening to the alert page when tapping the widget icon on the home screen? I just discovered it matters where you tap on the widget. If you tap on the exclamation mark in the triangle towards the center of the widget (using the 2 x 1 widget), it opens to the alert page. However, if you tap to the left or right of that (on a current/high/low temperature), it opens to the "Now" current conditions page. I can now kiss goodbye to backing out of the alert page over and over again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones