• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weatherbug, No more HTC clock/weather

Ok so I'm sure I will receive plenty of criticism for this response but that's fine, I'm not here to spare anyone's feelings or to make friends.

Here's the problem; everyone is so worried about battery life that you shut all your updates off then, you shut off all the updates on your smart phone and turn it into a dumb phone. Now that you have gone and crippled your phone, you feel the need to bitch and carry on about how nothing works correctly.

Turn all of your updates back on, don't put so damn much stock into what everyone on here has to say and get a life. Carry your charger with you and use your phone what it was ment for. You don't buy a high end sports car to drive 65 mph, do you? Well, not unless you're a status snob I guess. POint is, these phones eat batteries like a fat kid eats twinkies. Plug your phone in at night & take a charger with you and enjoy the phone.

If I offended or hurt anybody's feelings, get over it. Brutal honesty is the only way to salvage this country. Don't be brainwashed by our government. Have an opinion and rise up to be heard.

Upvote 0
I don't think you offended anyone but you did successfully make yourself look like a wanker.

This has been talked about O idk, a million times....your not the first to "take the stand"

I agree turning everything off is pointless, there is a fine line, but you should be able to easily retain your smartphone qualities and get a day of charge from your phone.

Nothin says tool like carrying a charger around for your phone wherever you go.

Upvote 0
As far as the HTC weather widget, if you click on the clock/weather widget there is a refresh button. It takes 2 seconds to do and it updates the weather to the current weather if it's not updating. At times, mine is not up-to-date, either.

At this point, anybody who gets an Eris shouldn't be complaining. You should do the research before you buy a product. I got my Eris around 12/22 and I knew going in the battery was not very good. If you know what you're getting you'll be much more satisfied with it. I work at a desk all day and I can simply plug my phone in for an hour each day if I think I'm not getting enough battery life out of it. However, I've yet to fail in getting at the very least a days worth of battery life while using my phone as much as I want without charging it during the day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you do your research before you buy any product, not just a phone, you'll be much happier about the purchase. Anybody reading this who is debating whether or not to get an Eris, do your due diligence first.

Upvote 0
Good point Awesome, people have to do their homework. The charger isnt the problem. Its always there so I dont care about the battery. Even after refresh it was still not to accurate. Like I said earlier, I just uninstalled it. In life we have real things to worry about, not calender widgets, they just get uninstalled.

Good deal PJK. I can't imagine the clock/weather widget being a big enough deal that people get genuinely upset about it. A simple uninstall and installation of a different widget worked for you. I wasn't directing my battery rant at you either, just a general comment based on some other responses in this thread. A little homework and people will be much happier in life because they will feel good about their purchases instead of feeling like they were somehow ripped off because they failed to do their homework.

Upvote 0
i use the weatherbug app no problems with phone awake time, always stays up to date, warns me of severe weather...love it

Same here. I've been a fan of Weatherbug for years, have it on my home computer too.

I have the widget on the Eris home screen, no problems with battery life. For the person who asked, the widget has choices as to which size it it. Personally I went for the smallest one to leave room on my home screen for apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones