1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Web apps are better than native

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by newz2000, Aug 31, 2011.

1. newz2000

newz2000 Lurker

Hi everyone. I'm a mobile web developer and I've started a project to bring mobile web apps to smart phones. For example, on your desktop computer you use lots of web apps like Facebook, Gmail or even the Android Forums.

But on Mobile everyone makes native apps which is a real pain. It means you have to start from scratch to make an app for a 2nd platform. Why not just make one web app that works on all phones?

Well, one reason is that there's no "app store" for mobile web apps. This means that it's hard to find all the cool apps available.

I'm changing that. I've created SquareTap as a mobile web app store. It's a beta but there are a few hundred apps in there currently, all free at the moment.

I've applied for a grant to help kick this business off. It's $5,000 with a chance at $10,000 more later this fall. That would help me hire a few people and buy more phones to test with.

Would you help me get the grant by voting on my idea TODAY (Wed, Aug 31st)? I was in first place until Sunday when I got smoked. I need like 1,500 votes before midnight. (yeah, queue the Cinderella jokes) I'm running a contest to help encourage people to vote. The full details are at squaretap.com/contest/

I also have a youtube video you can view from that link and you can try the beta of my app by visting squaretap.com on your mobile.

I'd *LOVE* feedback on the idea. Thanks for any help, be it a vote, or testing the app or just encouragement.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

Interesting. Good luck getting all the votes you need!

3. newz2000

newz2000 Lurker

Thanks. If you just want to vote (not enter the contest) hit squaretap.com/vote - sorry if this is a bit spammy, I'm just a guy who is really excited about mobile and wants to change the world. Hoping a few other people see the vision and want to pitch in.